version 0.6 released. Changes include:
- various fixes
version 0.5 released. Changes include:
- several fixes
- converted to Java 5
version 0.4 released. Changes include:
- cards can now be marked "Learned" and stacks can be browsed/quized on unlearned cards, learned cards or both.
- simple search functionality added
- stacks now have titles
- rewrote file handling to support Unicode text in cards
- changed text areas to word wrap as well as line wrap
- lots of bug fixes
Quiz Cards is designed as an aid for studying and learning. It is a Java application that can be used to create sets of flash cards and then quiz yourself with them.
Quiz Cards has the following features:
- two-sided cards are collected into stacks
- each side of a card may contain either a picture, text or two strings of text (e.g. a meaning of a word and an example using that word)
- different types of cards may be mixed within a single stack
- the images or text of a card may have a sound file associated with it and you can quiz yourself with those sounds
- stacks can contain cards sets which are used to organize the cards in a stack into different groupings
- you can quiz yourself on the cards in a set or on all the cards in the stack
- as you learn the information on a card during a quiz you can drop it from the quiz and concentrate on the remaining cards
- cards can marked "Learned" and you can quiz yourself on Unlearned, Learned or All cards
- XML is used as the format for the stack file
either use Java WebStart to automatically install QuizCards by clicking here or download one of the files below.
|Other||QuizCards.jar, gpl.html, README.html, CHANGES.html|
StacksWe also have a collection of card stacks that you may download here. Contributions are welcome!
We here at Zen Lunatics would love to hear about your experience with Quiz Cards:
- did it work? please send us any bugs/problems you encounter.
- is it easy to use? please let us know if there are confusing aspects to the interface.
- can it do what you want? please let us know if there are features that you think Quiz Cards should have.
- do you like the design/approach? any comments, either good or bad, are always welcome.
send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org